Open position as Project Manager Assistant
–Vacancy already filled–
The newly established Quantum Computing Technologies (QCT) group at the Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE) in Barcelona is looking for a Project Manager Assistant to support the administrative/scientific coordination of the QCT group projects and the Scholarship Management of the Projects Management Department.
The main tasks for this position are the following:
- Tasks directly linked to the QCT group:
- Full support to the Principal Investigator in preparing the proposals submission, at European and national level.
- Administrative and technical support on coordinated projects, to the Principal Investigator and the rest of the beneficiaries’ community.
- Preparation of all documentation to be submitted for the financial and scientific reports of the projects. This task will be supported by the Projects Management Department at IFAE.
- Full support on organization of events such as project kick-off and review meetings scientific conference and workshops.
- Production of communication materials for the project portal and project social networks. This task will be supported by the Communications Department at IFAE.
- Tasks directly linked to the Project Management Department:
- Manage the scholarships of IFAE: submission for PhD and postdoctoral fellowships, submission of the financial and scientific reports, monitoring of the fellowship budget.
The applicant’s requirements are:
- Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Chemistry, Physics or similar) OR Degree in Finance (or similar).
- Excellent level of English is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of the European/National tools for proposal submission and management will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) will be an asset.
- Experience with web content management systems (CMS) will be a plus.
- Professional Experience:
- Expected years of experience in project management: 1
IFAE is offering a work contract of 3 years, a salary in accordance with the qualifications of the candidate. Target start date: 1st October 2020.
If you are a motivated person to work in a dynamic environment, if you are proactive and you wish to work in an international center as IFAE, please send your updated CV with a letter of intent or motivation, and arrange for one or two letters of recommendation to: Pol Forn-Díaz and Marta Balza . Sending CVs to IFAE implies consent to the legal warning at the bottom of IFAE’s homepage, see the job posting at IFAE’s website .
The application will be open until the position is filled, but not before April 6.
For further information you may contact Pol Forn-Díaz .
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.