Postdoctoral position in fabrication of Superconducting Quantum bits
The Quantum Computing Technologies (QCT) group at the Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE) and the Institute of Microelectronics of Barcelona (IMB-CNM-CSIC) offer a joint postdoctoral position within the project Nanofabrication-Enhanced Superconducting Qubit Quality (NESQQ), funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
Project NESQQ aims at the improvement of superconducting qubit quality by combining nanofabrication and noise filtering techniques. The project will look at improving qubit coherence time and parameter reproducibility by reduction of on-chip microscopic flux and charge noise following state-of-the-art nanolithography and processing techniques. This approach includes reducing the presence of spurious two-level fluctuators and quasiparticles by, on one hand, dedicated surface passivation techniques and, on the other hand, introducing novel materials in the qubit device production.
Interested candidates are expected to:
- Hold a doctoraldegree in Quantum Physics
- Be experienced in experimental techniques, in at least one of the following areas:
- superconducting devices
- microwave quantum coherent control
- device fabrication
Applications should be sent to Pol Forn-Díaz and Gemma Rius . They should include an updated CV with a letter of intent or motivation, and arrange for 3 letters of recommendation. The appointment will be for a 2 years term, with the possibility to renew for a third year.
Proposed start of the appointment: 2nd of May, 2022.
The application will be open until the position is filled.
For further information, you may contact Pol Forn-Díaz .
Closing date: Open until the position is filled
IFAE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Sending CVs to IFAE implies consent to the institute’s legal warning .
- First observation of superconducting flux qubit in the QCT lab
- David López Núñez delivers a talk to catalan students about quantum technologies
- Pol Forn-Díaz gives an invited talk at BIST Conference 2021
- "How do you make a quantum computer?" at ERN 2021!
- Carla Caro Villanova has won the EUCYS 1st prize!